From past to future as a TL Topic 1 ETL 401
Thinking back over the years that I have been at my school, I saw the Librarian as a person who simply 'looked after' classes while the students borrowed books and then had a story read to them. What else could she do in 40minutes of RFF? I also saw that she had an off-sider who did all the borrowing,returning and shelving plus much more. I felt that the Librarian saw herself as important and valuable in the school, but I couldn't see how she was as my class did not go to the Library and I had to force my way to get them some time to borrow a book (I was teaching Special Ed.)
Two Librarians have come and gone and then I entered the Library with a Masters trained, technology loving Librarian. I worked along side a very good Librarian who felt she struggled with the teaching part of TL. She was a great facilitator in Resource Based Learning(RBL), whislt I was great at Resource Based Teaching(RBT). She moved our Library into the technological world and even created our own Libray website @yourlibrary. Through my observation of her both clerically and in the teaching field, I know she had it right! Now my challenge,in my teaching, is to move my lessons from RBT to RBL and demonstrate and instruct the other teachers in the Library to do the same. This can be done by using COGS as our 'research' part of the Scope and Sequence. Thus, learning has a purpose and is collaborated bacj to the classroom program.
The Libray is not a place of clerical and administration processes, but one of facilitating life long learning and a love of literature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment